Introduction

POST #2

I want to break free (QUEEN)


To make a start I want to tell you that I love music so I found it quite hard to pick a song to write about it here. I always listen to different songs and I do not have a particular type of music. I always mix styles and have many artists in my play lists. I enjoy listening to music and I do it every time I can. I listen to music when I clean my house, while working and even before I go to sleep. So music is a big company for me and it has become my biggest company since this period of isolation. It is very hard to live alone during this time so music really calms me down and helps me to get over this. But well, getting to the point, I have chosen a song. It is a song from QUEEN. In my opinion this group was the best and it still is. Nowadays I find more and more people who listen to their songs. I like almost every song of theirs but there is one in specific that I have always been fond of. And it is “I want to break free”.

This song has always caught my attention since I was a child. It´s through this song that I got to know the group and the songs they were releasing. I have always liked the style they used to have and the lyrics of their songs. But this one in particular had something that many years later I was able to discover. 

During my adolescence I started to discover several things that helped me to get my identity, helped me to understand who I was and who I wanted to be. And this particular song taught me to value myself, to believe in myself, and to be free of thought and expression. Perhaps it is something that people nowadays take as natural, but a few years ago it was not. Even something as small as being able to dress as you want, back then was an outrage. I shared many moments with this song and Queen taught me many things in general. 

This song helped me to become a better person and accept the others as they are and not just because they were there with me or we shared some stuff. It is a song that allows you to be who you are and deeper than that to be free.




Lyrics:

I want to break free
I want to break free
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need you
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free

I've fallen in love
I've fallen in love for the first time

And this time I know it's for real
I've fallen in love, yeah
God knows, God knows I've fallen in love

It's strange but it's true
I can't get over the way you love me like you do
But I have to be sure
When I walk out that door
Oh how I want to be free, baby
Oh how I want to be free
Oh how I want to break free

But life still goes on
I can't get used to, living without, living without
Living without you by my side
I don't want to live alone, hey
God knows, got to make it on my own
So baby can't you see
I've got to break free

I've got to break free
I want to break free, yeah

I want, I want, I want, I want to break
Free


Comentarios

  1. Dear Tef,

    I have enjoyed reading your post, and the way you express your identification with this disruptive song. Isn't is amazing when we recognize ourselves in the words that someone else utters?

    Freddie Mercury was a person of great courage, and I take for granted that so are you.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your comment! It is amazing indeed! And it is something so easy to do...

      Borrar
  2. Hi Estefania! I have also chosen a song of Queen. I also consider Queen to be one of the greatest bands . I really enjoy the music, the lyrics and, of course, Fredy Mercury´s voice which in my opinion is absolutely unique. Very nice choice!

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. I saw your blog too and when I found out you had chosen a Queen song I could not help my self of smiling! It is unique as you say! Thanks for your comment!

      Borrar
  3. Great way of connecting art (here this song, or the band itself) to your own feelings througout your own life.

    stella ;-)

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares